10 Ways to Reduce Stress
We live in a high stress world and finding ways to reduce stress is a priority for most people. Stress is one of the leading causes of serious health problems and the health problems come with very high medical costs. Reducing chaos and clutter will reduce your stress and will ultimately save you money. Use the 10 Ways to Reduce Stress Questions to determine if you can reduce the feeling of anxiety in your life.
We schedule and commit to more than we could possibly handle in 24 hours. By using a paper or electronic calendar to schedule all your appointments and other time commitments you can easily see when you are over-scheduled.
Next time someone requests you take on another responsibility check your calendar to make sure that you have the time to handle the request. When we say “yes” when we should say “no” we are creating more stress and chaos in our lives!
Reducing clutter and disorganization is the main focus when beginning the 10 ways to reduce stress. Not being able to find things creates more stress. Being late creates more stress. Piles and stacks of items that need to be dealt with create stress and anxiety. Having an organized plan reduces the frequency of high stress situations and helps you to achieve your goals.
Trying to remember everything creates more stress. Writing things down rather than trying to remember everything in our head frees up our brains to focus on what is going on in the moment.
Schedule time to relax and be quiet for the renewal of your body, mind and spirit. When we take time to get quiet and listen to our inner self amazing new ideas have a chance to come to the surface and be heard.
What changes can you make to reduce the stress in your life today? Do you need some clutter and stress relief? Check out our “10 Ways to Reduce Stress” tips!
We are human “beings” and not human “doings”. If you find yourself stressed out and unable to sleep at night, take a good look at your life by taking the time to learn 10 Ways to Reduce Stress.
Stress Relief Questions:
- Are you doing things that reduce stress or increase stress?
- Can you let go of something and make your life more manageable?
- Can you delegate any of your responsibilities?
- Are you doing anything for fun or that makes you laugh?
- Are you taking action to achieve goals today?
- Are there people in your life that contribute to your stress?
- Are you getting enough sleep?
- Are you being physically active?
- Are you procrastinating because you are afraid of change?
- Are you a perfectionist who thinks everything has to be perfect?
- Have you spent any time in nature?
- When was the last time you took a relaxing vacation?
- What changes do you need to make in your life to reduce stress?
- Do you have a plan to address the things that are causing you stress?